RANDOLPH CENTER, Vt. - Saint Michael's College women's cross country junior Katie Culliton (Glens Falls, N.Y./Glens Falls) finished as Vermont Intercollegiate Championship runner-up for the second consecutive year on Saturday at the campus of Vermont Technical College. Both the men's and women's squads took second among 12 schools in a meet that doubled as the Vermont Tech Maple Syrup Challenge.
- The Saint Michael's men and women both scored 59 points during their second-place showings.
- Middlebury College won both championships. The men, who totaled the minimum 15 points, stand 15th in the latest U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Division III national poll, while the women, who tallied 19 points, are 17th in the nation.
- Both the Purple Knight men and women had won the last two titles.
- Junior Katie Culliton (Glens Falls, N.Y./Glens Falls)
- 2nd of 80 runners in 5K race, 20:52.68
- Matched career-high placement with third runner-up showing
- Junior Abby Kittler (Pittsfield, Mass./Pittsfield)
- 14th, 21:43.12
- Senior Filippa Hemmestorp (Malmö, Sweden/Malmö Borgarskola)
- 20th, 22:01.12
- Senior Hallie Benton (Limerick, Maine/Massabesic)
- 22nd, 22:24.16
- Senior Cailey Comiskey (Highgate, Vt./Missisquoi Valley Union)
- 25th, 22:41.62
- Senior Grace Erholtz (Baxter, Minn./Brainerd)
- 32nd, 23:35.58
- First-year Erin Boyd (Islip, N.Y./Saint Anthony's)
- 34th, 23:45.29
- Junior Noah Taracena (Hampton, N.H./Winnacunnet)
- 7th of 119 finishers in 8K race, 28:35:44
- First-year Kasey Mahoney (Bedford, N.H./Bedford)
- 11th, 29:14.80
- First-year Braden Butler (South Berwick, Maine/Marshwood)
- 15th, 29:30.71
- Senior Will Coppola (Groveland, Mass./Pentucket Regional)
- 23rd, 30:55.00
- Senior Alex Frank (Colchester, Vt./Colchester)
- 27th, 31:14.83
- First-year Ken Zou (Hampton, N.H./Winnacunnet)
- 33rd, 32:34.23
- Junior Swapnil Jhajharia (Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan, India/Woodstock School)
- 34th, 32:38.61
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Sept. 25 hosting the Equality Invitational, with men's and women's teams all completing an 8K course.
- The men run at 10 a.m., followed by the women at 11:15 a.m.