MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's cross country team took third among seven schools in a regional-power-heavy field on Saturday at Middlebury College's Aldrich Invitational, while the men were sixth out of nine. Between programs that competed in the men's and women's races, six squads are regionally ranked, with three appearing in or just outside national polls.
- The women finished third out of seven schools with 89 points, behind a pair of squads ranked regionally by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA). Host Middlebury, which won with 24 points, is not only fourth in the USTFCCCA Division III New England Region poll but 17th in the national rankings, and second-place Saint Lawrence (N.Y.) University is eighth in the Atlantic Region.
- On the men's side, the Purple Knights were sixth among nine with 186 points. Saint Lawrence, which is receiving votes toward the latest USTFCCCA Division III national poll and sits sixth in the Atlantic Region, captured the meet with 28 points. Runner-up University of Vermont is 14th in the Division I Northeast Region rankings, and third-place Middlebury sits fifth regionally and 22nd nationally in Division III.
- First-year Maggie Burnham (Holden, Mass./Wachusett Regional), 15th of 65 runners in 6K race, 25:12.2
- Senior Emma Koukos (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough), 23rd, 25:51.9
- Sophomore Ingrid Boland (Old Saybrook, Conn./Old Saybrook Senior), 26th, 26:19.9 (PR)
- First-year Cailey Comiskey (Swanton, Vt./Missisquoi Valley Union), 27th, 26:25.6
- Sophomore Hannah Muse (Yarmouth, Mass./Nauset Regional), 30th, 27:24.6
- Sophomore Rachel Smith (Old Forge, N.Y./Town of Webb), 31st, 27:31.7
- Junior Molly Nemes (Plymouth, Mass./Sturgis Charter Public School), 33rd, 27:40.3
- Sophomore Liam Gay-Killeen (Rowley, Mass./Triton Regional), 43rd of 93 runners in 8K race, 29:36.3
- Sophomore Jake Donnelly (Londonderry, N.H./Londonderry), 47th, 29:59.4
- First-year Ethan Snook (Marblehead, Mass./Marblehead), 59th, 31:17.6
- Senior Christopher Bittel (San Jose, Calif./Bellarmine College Prep), 62nd, 31:50.5
- Sophomore Matt Gianni (Stowe, Vt./Stowe), 63rd, 31:54.3
- Junior Bailey Roca (Greenlawn, N.Y./Harborfields), 76th, 33:41.1
- First-year Rolland Guay (Mooers, N.Y./Northeastern Clinton Central School), 77th, 33:46.1 (college debut)
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Friday at Vermont Intercollegiate Championship at Castleton University.
- The women's race begins at 4:30 p.m. and the men run 45 minutes later.
- It will mark the only time this year the Purple Knights compete on consecutive weekends.