WALTHAM, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College women's volleyball team lost to Bentley University, 3-0 (25-18, 25-19, 25-14), on Saturday during Northeast-10 Conference play in the Dana Center.
- Saint Michael's (1-11, 0-3 NE10), Bentley (14-4, 5-0 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- First-year Ella Patterson (Folsom, Calif./Vista Del Lago), 9 kills, 3 digs
- First-year Dana Welch (Howell, N.J./Donovan Catholic), 8 kills
- Sophomore Alexandra Báez Rentas (San Juan, Puerto Rico/New Dimensions), 18 assists, 11 digs, 3 aces
- Sophomore Syrah Wright (Richmond, Vt./Mount Mansfield Union), 9 digs, 2 aces
- Senior Maddie Van Winkle (Medford, Mass./Arlington Catholic), 6 digs
- Junior Haley Stanton (Nashua, N.H./Nashua North), 3 kills
- Senior Ingrid Murphy, 9 kills, .444 hitting
- Junior Caitlin Wunder, 6 kills, .600 hitting
- Sophomore Rachel Vitko, 6 kills
- Junior Angie Grabmeier, 17 assists
- Junior Nathalie Thom, 13 assists
- Sophomore Jazzy Burke, 12 digs
- Báez Rentas' ace gave the Purple Knights a 2-1 edge in the opening set, and the visitors led 10-5 after Patterson dropped a kill. Stanton's kill had Saint Michael's in front at 17-13 before Bentley scored 12 of the final 13 points.
- Baéz Rentas had back-to-back aces before Patterson notched a kill to provide the Purple and Gold a 3-0 lead in set No. 2, but the Falcons countered with a 9-1 run. Two Wright aces keyed a 5-0 run that later brought her team within 12-11, but Bentley responded with a 4-0 run and never again led by fewer than three points.
- The Falcons notched kills on the first three points of the third set to take the lead for good. Saint Michael's edged within 10-7 on Patterson's kill, but the next four points went to Bentley, which led by no fewer than five points from there.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Tuesday at Saint Anselm College, 6 p.m.