COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's soccer team played its third scoreless tie this season on Saturday versus Le Moyne College in Northeast-10 Conference action at Duffy Field.
- Saint Michael's (1-3-3, 0-3-2 NE10), Le Moyne (2-4-2, 0-4-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Katie Escobedo (New Rochelle, N.Y./Maria Regina), 4 saves
- Senior Allison Moreau, 5 saves
- This marked the 23rd time in its past 26 outings since 2019 that Saint Michael's played a contest decided by one goal or less. Each of the Purple Knights' latest 15 home games were determined by a goal or fewer.
- Today's game was the fourth straight series meeting decided by a goal or less.
- Escobedo registered her ninth career shutout, all since last fall, to tie Abigail Lemanski '04 for fourth in program history.
- Saint Michael's held a 12-8 lead in shots, while the Dolphins led in corner kicks, 6-4.
- First-year Faith Kosiba (Dunstable, Mass./Groton-Dunstable Regional) had the best look in the first half, gaining a step behind the defense and sliding a left-footed shot in the seventh minute that Moreau dove to deny.
- Late in the second half, senior Grace Rava (Wilton, Conn./Wilton) sent a 79th-minute free kick just high of the crossbar.
- Escobedo slid out to stuff first-year Lindsey LeBlanc's point-blank bid midway through the 87th minute.
- In the 89th minute, sophomore Hildur Unnarsdóttir's long free kick took a bounce in the box, and Escobedo fought the sun to find the ball and punch it over the bar. Le Moyne was unable to release a shot on the ensuing corner kick.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Wednesday at No. 8 Southern New Hampshire University, 6 p.m.
- The Penmen's national ranking is according to the United Soccer Coaches, and they are first in the latest East Region Poll.