MANCHESTER, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team capped its regular-season schedule with a 4-2 loss at Saint Anselm College during New England Women's Hockey Alliance (NEWHA) play on Saturday at Sullivan Arena. The teams will square off again on Tuesday for a NEWHA Championship first-round game at Saint Anselm, with the game time to be determined.
- Saint Michael's (3-22-1, 1-18-1 NEWHA), Saint Anselm (14-12-3, 11-6-3 NEWHA)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Ella Saracco (Melrose, Mass./Austin Prep), 1 goal
- First-year Angelina Ruiz (Independence, Minn./Gentry Academy), 1 goal
- Senior Jenna Harrison (Kitchener, Ontario/Wellesley), 1 assist, 11-for-15 faceoffs
- Sophomore Leah White (Hingham, Mass./The Winchendon School), 45 saves
- Sophomore Emma Kelly (Dorchester, Mass./Boston Latin School), 1 assist
- Sophomore Mikaela Langbacka (Lorton, Va./Washington Pride), 1 assist
- First-year Grace Canterbury (Eagle River, Alaska/Shattuck-Saint Mary's School), 1 assist
- Sophomore Jenna Hoops (Woodbury, Minn./Saint Paul United), 13-for-19 faceoffs
- Junior Maeghan Kennard (Hamlin, N.Y./Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles), 9-for-19 faceoffs
- Sophomore Jace Zapata (Brea, Calif./Gentry Academy), 2 blocks
- Senior Erin Meyers, 3 assists
- Senior Kelly Golini, 2 goals
- First-year Madi Ressler, 1 goal, 1 assist
- First-year Tyra Turner, 2 assists
- Sophomore Abigail Blair, 1 goal
- Junior Allie Kelley, 13 saves
- Senior Courtney Kelly (Arlington, Mass./Boston Jr. Shamrocks) played her 107th career game, tying Alissa Sullivan's '20 program record.
- White has 642 saves this season, good for eighth in program annals, and the most by a rookie.
- Saint Michael's held a 33-20 advantage in faceoff wins, while the Hawks scored three times on power plays.
- Golini gave Saint Anselm a lead just 2:06 after the opening faceoff, putting home a third effort out front after White had denied a pair of Hawks from close range.
- The hosts scored twice on second-period power plays, first as Blair's slap shot from below the right circle banked off of White and in at 4:58. Golini added a strike with 10:11 gone, poking in a rebound.
- Saint Michael's got a goal back at 14:49, with Ruiz redirecting Canterbury's cross from the left circle over Kelley's left shoulder. Emma Kelly added a helper.
- Saracco drew the Purple Knights within 3-2 at 6:04 of the third period, finishing an odd-woman rush by redirecting Langbacka's pass toward the right post. Harrison assisted after starting the breakout.
- Ressler pushed the lead back to a pair of goals with 14:18 gone, snapping a shot over White's shoulder from the right circle during a power play.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday at Saint Anselm, NEWHA Championship first round, time TBA