SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team lost to Long Island University, 6-0, on Monday during New England Women's Hockey Alliance (NEWHA) play at Cairns Arena.
- Saint Michael's (3-19-1, 1-15-1 NEWHA), LIU (14-14-3, 12-3-2 NEWHA)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Leah White (Hingham, Mass./The Winchendon School), 43 saves
- Junior Maeghan Kennard (Hamlin, N.Y./Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles), 12-for-20 faceoffs, 4 blocks
- Sophomore Jenna Hoops (Woodbury, Minn./Saint Paul United), 11-for-18 faceoffs
- Senior Jenna Harrison (Kitchener, Ontario/Wellesley), 7-for-11 faceoffs
- First-year Grace Canterbury (Eagle River, Alaska/Shattuck-Saint Mary's School), 3 blocks
- Junior Megan Bouveur, 2 goals, 2 assists
- Junior Abby Latorella, 1 goal, 2 assists
- First-year Bri Eid, 1 goal, 2 assists
- Junior Stella Scott, 1 goal, 1 assist
- First-year Tindra Holm, 16 saves
- White has 597 saves this season, passing Alysia Goldman '11 (565 in 2009-10) for ninth in program history.
- Senior Courtney Kelly (Arlington, Mass./Boston Jr. Shamrocks) moved into second in program history in career games played (104), breaking a tie with five other players. She is three shy of Alissa Sullivan's '20 school mark of 107.
- The Purple Knights held a 31-19 lead in faceoff wins while blocking 18 shots.
- Saint Michael's continued a run of four games in five days.
- LIU took the lead 2:25 into the first period, with Latorella one-timing home Bouveur's pass during a 2-on-1 break.
- First-year Angelina Ruiz (Independence, Minn./Gentry Academy) just missed from out front at 6:20 before Bouveur pushed home junior Molly Meyers' rebound 50 seconds later to make it 2-0.
- Kennard nearly broke the Purple Knights on the board at 10:20, tipping Ruiz's pass just wide out front.
- Scott scored 19 seconds into the second period, crashing the slot on a rebound of Latorella's saved shot.
- White denied three shorthanded breakaways in the frame, including stopping sophomore Journey Miller at both 9:20, with a pad stop, and 14:30. White stoned sophomore Payton Luff on another bid 20 seconds later.
- Eid pushed the lead to 4-0 at 18:10 by whipping a shot from the slot during a power play.
- Junior Ceilidh Campbell and Bouveur scored 34 seconds apart early in the third period. Campbell blocked a shot at her own blue line before blasting the puck from the left circle off the right post and in at 3:06, and Bouveur pushed across a third chance out front at 3:40.
- Holm secured her shutout at 8:11 when Hoops fired a shot from the right circle toward an open net, but Holm stuck her stick into the crease to paddle the puck over the net.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday vs. LIU, 11 a.m.