NEW LONDON, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College men's and women's swimming & diving teams combined to set four pool records while totaling 22 event victories in dual-meet sweeps of Colby-Sawyer College on Saturday in Knight Natatorium. The men claimed a 152.5-53.5 triumph, and the women won 152-119.
- Saint Michael's (1-3), Colby-Sawyer (2-3)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Connor Hopkins (Windham, N.H./Windham), 3 wins (2 pool records)
- Senior Aidan Mulderrig (Rockville Centre, N.Y./South Side), 3 wins (1 pool record)
- Sophomore Sean McGurn (Braintree, Mass./Braintree), 2 wins (1 pool record)
- Junior Payton Stewart (Keene, N.H./Keene), 2 wins (1 pool record)
- Sophomore Nate Imbergamo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand), 3 wins (1 pool record)
- Sophomore William Sullivan (Arlington, Va./Bishop O'Connell), 2 wins
- The Purple Knights won 14 of 15 events, including all 13 individual races.
- Saint Michael's has won 13 consecutive series meetings.
- Hopkins, Imbergamo, Mulderrig and Stewart set a pool record during their 800-yard freestyle relay (7:49.68) victory. Hopkins won the 50- (25.70) and 200-yard (2:03.28) backstroke races, setting another pool mark in the 200.
- McGurn claimed the 50- (28.67) and 200-yard (2:20.66) breaststroke events, breaking a pool record in the 200 despite swimming unopposed.
- Mulderrig won the 1,000 free (11:20.92) and 200-yard butterfly (2:12.73), while Imbergamo topped the 200 free (1:55.24) and 500 free (5:42.05) competitions.
- Sullivan won the 100 free (53.79) and tied for first in the 50 free (23.30) while taking second in the 50 fly, behind only Stewart, who won in 25.50.
- Junior Dan Fortier (Sandwich, Mass./Sandwich) captured the 100-yard individual medley (1:05.65) and took second during the 200 fly, while first-year Dennis Sullivan (Hudson Falls, N.Y./Hudson Falls) won the one-meter dive (114.52) for his initial college triumph. Classmate Peter Middleton (Hingham, Mass./Thayer Academy) nabbed the runner-up spot in the 1,000 free.
- Saint Michael's (2-2), Colby-Sawyer (1-4)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Sarah White (Lakeville, Mass./Apponequet Regional), 4 wins (1 pool record)
- Senior Lauren Giampietro (Watertown, Conn./Watertown), 3 wins (1 pool record)
- Senior Reiley Adelson (Saratoga Springs, N.Y./Saratoga Springs), 2 wins (1 pool record)
- First-year Bella Amedio (Schenectady, N.Y./Albany Academy for Girls), 2 wins
- Saint Michael's has won 15 consecutive series meetings.
- The Purple Knights won eight events.
- Giampietro and White both played a hand in two relay victories, including helping the 800 free quartet set a pool record (8:36.53). Adelson and first-year Emma Jane Tagliaferro (Bedford, N.H./Bedford) rounded out the foursome. Giampietro and White sided with Amedio and first-year Marisa Butzirus (Coronado, Calif./Coronado) during a top 200 medley relay (1:58.33) performance, winning by 0.25 seconds.
- White topped the 50 fly (28.95) and 200 fly (2:27.12).
- Giampietro added a win in the 200 breast (2:36.25), with Amedio second in that race but victorious in the 50 breast (33.03) over the second-place Giampietro.
- Adelson won the 1,000 free (12:15.58) and took second during the 100 free and 500 free, while Butzirus claimed second in the 50 back and 200 fly.
- Sophomore Maggie King (Clinton, Conn./Mercy) topped the one-meter diving competition (121.87), with classmate Tess Brown (Westfield, N.J./Westfield) taking second. Tagliaferro was second in the 200 back, as was junior Meg Geschwind (Rochester, Minn./Mayo) in the 200 free.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- The women's team hosts Merrimack College on Friday, 4 p.m.
- That will be the squad's annual Think Pink meet.
- Both teams host Clarkson University on Nov. 16, 1 p.m.