The Colin Michael Cronin Foundation was established by the family of Colin Cronin ’18, who passed away in November of 2018. Colin was a captain of the 2018 Saint Michael's College men’s lacrosse team and a leader in every sense of the word. He was an outstanding student, player and person who touched the lives of many people in and around the Saint Michael’s community.
Colin majored in biology with a minor in chemistry and made the NE10 Commissioner’s Honor Roll six times. He was a Dean’s List student and participated in the Purple Knight Leadership Academy and the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee among other endeavors. After a successful collegiate career, he traveled abroad to play lacrosse in Adelaide, Australia, in the summer of 2018.
Colin’s parents, Julie and Michael, and his siblings, Abbie and Riley, believe that Colin would have continued to do great things and wanted to honor his name and his time at Saint Michael’s College by establishing the Colin Michael Cronin Foundation Scholarship.
The endowed scholarship at Saint Michael’s will be given annually for the following academic year to a returning player who best exemplifies Colin’s greatest virtues:
- On- and off-field leadership
- Dedication to academic success
- Community service and volunteerism
- Providing support to peers academically and athletically
To donate toward the Foundation, please visit here and follow the instructions below:
- Enter the gift amount and fill in form
- Click “Select a Designation”, choose “Other” and write in “Colin Michael Cronin Foundation Scholarship”
- Follow prompts to complete transaction