GARDEN CITY, N.Y. - The Saint Michael's College men's lacrosse team lost at No. 4 Adelphi University, 16-8, on Saturday during Northeast-10 Conference action at Motamed Field. The Panthers, whose national ranking is according to the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (USILA), entered the day as one of two remaining undefeated teams in Division II, and among nine in NCAA men's lacrosse.
- Saint Michael's (1-10, 0-6 NE10), Adelphi (9-0, 7-0 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Max Katavolos (Newburyport, Mass./Newburyport), 2 goals, 2 assists, 3 ground balls
- First-year Ethan Hughes (Trumbull, Conn./Trumbull), 1 goal, 2 assists
- Junior Drew Collins (Niskayuna, N.Y./Niskayuna), 2 goals
- Sophomore Kevin Riggs (Plainville, Mass./King Philip Regional), 1 goal, 1 assist
- Senior Kyle Hirshom (Walpole, Mass./Walpole), 1 goal
- Sophomore Dylan Morgan (Ashland, Mass./Ashland), 1 goal
- Sophomore Spencer Scardino (Niskayuna, N.Y./Niskayuna), 19 saves in 45 minutes
- First-year Sean Regan (Pittsford, N.Y./Pittsford Sutherland), 1 save in 15 minutes of relief
- First-year Cooper Wilson (Niskayuna, N.Y./Niskayuna), 4 ground balls, 7 faceoff wins
- Sophomore Maxwell Eliason (Salt Lake City, Utah/East), 4 ground balls
- Sophomore Michael Cammarata Jr. (North Andover, Mass./Saint John's Prep), 3 ground balls, 2 caused turnovers
- Junior Brian Sardella (Billerica, Mass./Billerica Memorial), 3 ground balls
- Sophomore Nathan Woods (Ottawa, Ontario/Kent School), 2 caused turnovers
- Graduate student Edward Perlstein, 13 ground balls, 18-for-26 faceoffs
- Senior Joseph Duchnowski, 3 goals, 2 assists
- Sophomore Jason Rebaudo, 3 goals, 2 assists
- Junior Kyle Steinbach, 2 goals, 1 assist
- Sophomore Dylan Renner, 12 saves
- Saint Michael's went 3-for-5 during man-up opportunities against a defense that entered the day fourth in the nation by killing 84.6% of its penalties.
- The Purple Knights scored eight goals on an Adelphi defense that was third in Division II in scoring defense (7.12).
- Katavolos scored his 15th career extra-man marker, matching Brandon Kobelt '06 for third in program history.
- Scardino bettered his nation-leading 15.8 saves per game while moving into fourth in program history with 177 stops this season, vaulting all the way from 11th before play began on Saturday. He has the most saves since Jim Crozier '02 posted 192 in 2001.
- Rebaudo tallied twice among five different Panther scorers as the hosts grabbed a 6-0 lead by 2:29 of the first period.
- Riggs put the Purple Knights on the board with 38 seconds left.
- Duchnowski scored twice in a 3-0 run that took 1:53 to elapse early in the second period, and Adelphi led 9-1.
- Collins (10:07) and Hughes (6:28) scored off of Katavolos feeds to help Saint Michael's trim the deficit, and Katavolos' strike off of Riggs' pass made it 10-4 at 2:57.
- The Panthers scored the next three goals.
- Morgan's goal from Hughes' dish at 6:24 of the third kicked off a 4-1 run. Hirshom, Collins and Katavolos tallied to bring Saint Michael's within 14-8 at 10:37 of the fourth, but the hosts scored the final two goals.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday vs. Franklin Pierce University, 3:30 p.m.
- The Ravens received votes toward this week's USILA national poll.