SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. - Junior defenseman Noah Muller (Amsterdam, The Netherlands/Düsseldorfer EG) scored three times to help the Saint Michael's College men's ice hockey team beat Post University, 6-3, on Tuesday at Cairns Arena in a Northeast-10 Conference matchup.
- Saint Michael's (8-4-1, 4-2 NE10), Post (2-8-1, 0-5 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Noah Muller (Amsterdam, The Netherlands/Düsseldorfer EG), 3 goals
- Junior Sel Narby (Huntington, N.Y./Connecticut Junior Rangers), 1 goal, 2 assists
- Junior Thomas Flack (Toronto, Ontario/Saint Michael's Buzzers), 3 assists, 13-for-21 faceoffs
- Junior Andrew Olevitz (Winthrop, Mass./Northern Cyclones), 1 goal, 1 assist
- Sophomore Matt Egan (Hingham, Mass./Kimball Union Academy), 2 assists
- First-year Jeremy Routh (Hamden, Conn./New Hampshire Junior Monarchs), 2 assists
- Junior Cameron Stewart (Sabattus, Maine/East Coast Wizards), 1 goal, 7-for-11 faceoffs
- Senior William Santangeli (Oakville, Ontario/Saint Mark's School), 1 assist, 11-for-13 faceoffs
- First-year Alec Lindberg (Bedford, N.H./Hampton Roads Whalers), 11 saves
- Junior Sean Castagna, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Junior Evan Lugo, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Senior Tyler Hackett, 2 assists
- Junior Jake Raleigh, 1 goal
- Junior Brandon Brown, 37 saves
- This was the first two-goal comeback for the Purple Knights since Feb. 24, 2018, against Assumption College in an NE10 Championship semifinal.
- Muller has seven points and Routh has five points in the team's last three games.
- The Purple Knights held the advantage in shots, 43-14, and faceoff wins, 44-26.
- This is the first time the Purple Knights have faced the Eagles since they joined the NE10 as an associate member for ice hockey this year.
- The Purple and Gold are undefeated at home through five games for the first time since the 2007-08 season.
- The Purple Knights now hold the 4-3 advantage in the all-time series against the Eagles.
- Saint Michael's picked up its eighth win, exceeding last year's season victories total.
- Purple Knight defensemen combined for five goals and three assists.
- Muller is the first Saint Michael's defensemen with a hat trick since Danny Divis '17 on Jan. 7, 2014.
- Post capitalized on a 5-on-3 power play with 9:16 gone in the first period when a shot by Castagna trickled past Lindberg for the first goal of the game.
- Post scored a second goal less than a minute later on a power-play goal by Raleigh to put the Eagles up two with 10:05 gone.
- The Purple Knights cut the deficit to one on a power-play goal 17:18 into the period when Olevitz slotted a pass through defenders to a waiting Stewart, whose shot went past Brown.
- The Purple Knights tied the game up 55 seconds into the second period when Santangeli played a pass up the boards to junior Paul McAuliffe (Newton, Mass./Kimball Union Academy), who passed across the ice to Narby for the goal.
- A power-play goal with 8:01 gone put Saint Michael's on top when a shot from the blue line by Muller stayed low and stung the bottom left corner of the net.
- The Eagles answered with a power-play goal with 18:41 gone on a shot from the blue line that was saved but collected by Lugo for a rebound goal.
- The Purple and Gold took back the lead 58 seconds into the third period when Egan brought the puck from behind his net to the opponent blue line and passed for the front of the goal for Olevitz, who made a move on Brown and scored.
- Saint Michael's extended its lead 9:05 into the period on a four-on-four that resulted in a shot by Muller at the point that went to the top left corner of the net.
- Muller finished his hat trick with 11:58 gone on a power play after a shot by Flack rebounded by Muller for the one-timer goal.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Friday vs. Assumption College, 7 p.m.