NORTH EAST, Pa. - Saint Michael's College men's golf first-year Aidan Stuart (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) tied for 59th as the three-day NCAA Atlantic/East Regional Championship concluded on Saturday at Lake View Country Club. Stuart was the second player in program history to qualify for an NCAA appearance.
- Stuart tied for 59th out of 85 golfers for the three-day championship, carding a 7-over 79 on Saturday to stand at 26-over 79-84-79--242 for the tournament.
- As part of a threesome with student-athletes from Dominican (N.Y.) College and Millersville (Pa.) University that started on the 10th hole, Stuart fired a 6-over 42 on the back nine before carding a 1-over 37 on the front half of the course. He had an 8-over 44 on those same holes No. 1 through 9 on Friday but was bolstered on Saturday by shooting a one-under 23 between holes No. 18 and 5, including recording a birdie on the par-five first hole.
- Among the six individuals who qualified for the regional, Stuart was fifth, including second out of three Northeast-10 Conference competitors.
- Stuart joined Matt Johnson '20 as the lone NCAA Championship qualifiers in program history. Johnson competed in 2019 and was in prime position to make the 2020 field before the championship was canceled.
- Stuart's season scoring average of 78.00 matched Johnson for the best by a Purple Knight first-year since complete records became available in 1997-98.
- Stuart was the 11th first-year in Saint Michael's Athletics annals to qualify for an NCAA Championship, and the first golfer.
- Stuart was among 24 individuals chosen for four NCAA Division II regionals, and one of six at the Atlantic/East regional site. The top individual and best four teams from each super regional heads to the NCAA Championship finals at the PGA National Resort in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., on May 17-21.