NORTH EAST, Pa. - Saint Michael's College men's golf first-year Aidan Stuart (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) finished the second day of the three-day NCAA Atlantic/East Regional Championship standing tied for 63rd among 85 competitors on Friday at Lake View Country Club.
- Stuart is tied for 63rd out of 85 golfers through day two of three, carding a 12-over 84 on Friday to stand at 19-over 163 for the tournament thus far. He fired a 7-over 79 on Thursday.
- Stuart begins the third and final day of competition on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. from the 10th hole.
- As part of a threesome with student-athletes from Dominican (N.Y.) College and Millersville (Pa.) University that started on the 10th hole, Stuart fired a 4-over 40 on the back nine before carding an 8-over 44 on the front half of the course.
- Stuart joins Matt Johnson '20 as the lone NCAA Championship qualifiers in program history. Johnson competed in 2019 and was in prime position to make the 2020 field before the championship was canceled.
- Stuart is the 11th first-year in Saint Michael's Athletics annals to qualify for an NCAA Championship, and the first golfer.
- Stuart was among 24 individuals chosen for four NCAA Division II regionals, and one of six at the Atlantic/East regional site. The top individual and best four teams from each super regional heads to the NCAA Championship finals at the PGA National Resort in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., on May 17-21.