NORTH EAST, Pa. - Saint Michael's College men's golf first-year Aidan Stuart (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) is tied for 39th among 85 student-athletes following day one of the three-day NCAA Atlantic/East Regional Championship at Lake View Country Club. The second member of his team to ever qualify for NCAAs, Stuart is four strokes short of the top individual, with the best solo finisher at each regional advancing to national finals.
- Stuart is tied for 39th out of 85 golfers through day one of three, carding a 7-over 79, cracking 80 for the seventh time this season. He is tied for 14th among competitors from the East while tying for seventh among Northeast-10 Conference golfers.
- Stuart begins the second day of competition on Friday at 11:10 a.m. from the 10th hole.
- The top individual finisher at each regional championship advances to the national finals; Stuart is four strokes short of individual leader Jack Angelucci of host Mercyhurst University.
- As part of a threesome with student-athletes from Dominican (N.Y.) College and Millersville (Pa.) University that started on the first hole, Stuart fired a 4-over 40 on the front nine before carding a 3-over 39 on the back half of the course. He birdied a pair of holes, shooting a four on the par-five sixth and needing only two strokes to finish off the par-three 14th hole.
- Stuart joins Matt Johnson '20 as the lone NCAA Championship qualifiers in program history. Johnson competed in 2019 and was in prime position to make the 2020 field before the championship was canceled.
- Stuart's 79 matched Johnson for the second-best NCAA round in program history, as Johnson turned in one 77 and two rounds of 79 in 2019, when he tied for 50th.
- Stuart is the 11th first-year in Saint Michael's Athletics annals to qualify for an NCAA Championship, and the first golfer.
- Stuart was among 24 individuals chosen for four NCAA Division II regionals, and one of six at the Atlantic/East regional site. The top individual and best four teams from each super regional heads to the NCAA Championship finals at the PGA National Resort in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., on May 17-21.