SOMERSWORTH, N.H. - First-years Aidan Stuart (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) and Declan Buckley (Walpole, Mass./Xaverian Brothers) took the Saint Michael's College men's golf team's top two spots on Friday during the two-round, 36-hole Saint Anselm College Spring Invitational at The Oaks Golf Links. The Purple Knights, who competed against four 2019 NCAA Atlantic/East Championship qualifiers, placed seventh.
- First-years Aidan Stuart (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) and Declan Buckley (Walpole, Mass./Xaverian Brothers) were the Purple Knights' top two finishers, as Saint Michael's had two first-years atop its leaderboard for the first time since Tim Donnelly '20 and Matt Johnson '20 at the Northeast-10 Conference Championship on Oct. 3, 2016.
- Saint Michael's placed seventh among seven schools with 658 strokes, coming within 10 shots of sixth-place American International College.
- Four of the top five teams qualified for the 2019 NCAA Atlantic/East Regional Championship, including the three top-seeded squads: Franklin Pierce University, Southern New Hampshire University and Bentley University.
- Assumption University, also an NCAA qualifier in 2019, won with 603 strokes.
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- First-year Aidan Stuart (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand)
- 14-over 78-78--156, T-11th
- Tied for 5th in par-3 scoring average (+3, 3.25)
- Tied for 9th in par-4 scoring average (+6, 4.27)
- 3rd and 4th career rounds in the 70s
- First-year Declan Buckley (Walpole, Mass./Xaverian Brothers)
- 86-79--165, 27th
- 2nd career round in the 70s
- Junior Owen O'Malley (Marshfield, Mass./Marshfield)
- 83-84--167, T-29th
- Senior Connor Morse (Westford, Mass./Kimball Union Academy)
- 86-84--170, T-33rd
- Senior Jack Maino (Ipswich, Mass./Ipswich)
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Wednesday at The College of Saint Rose Invitational at Pinehaven Country Club in Guilderland, N.Y.
- Teams will play 36 holes that day.