RINDGE, N.H. - Three players scored to help the Saint Michael's College field hockey team down Franklin Pierce University, 3-2, on Tuesday afternoon in a Northeast-10 Conference outing at Sodexo Field.
- Saint Michael's (1-5, 1-1 NE10), Franklin Pierce (0-6, 0-2 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Bridgie Loughlin (Kingston, N.Y./Kingston), 1 goal, 1 assist
- Junior Courtney Watt (Auckland, New Zealand/Albany Senior/Vermont), 8 saves, 1st college win
- Junior Madeleine Biondi (Cranston, R.I./Cushing Academy), 1 goal (1st career)
- Sophomore Addy Fenton (Andover, Mass./Phillips Academy), 1 goal (1st career)
- Senior Alicia Hottleman, 1 goal
- Sophomore Caity Hazley, 1 goal
- Senior MacKenzie Potvin, 8 saves
- Watt nabbed her first college victory after playing the previous two seasons at Division I University of Vermont but not making any appearances.
- Both teams finished with 15 shots and four penalty corners.
- The Purple Knights won the third straight contest against the Ravens.
- Fenton put the visitors on the board by burying a penalty stroke 5:20 into the game, but Hottleman responded 2:43 later by finishing near the left post.
- Sophomore Abby Farrington (Bennington, Vt./Burr and Burton Academy) started a rush in the 36th minute that led to the go-ahead strike, as she sent a through ball for Loughlin, who slid a cross that Biondi dove to knock in at 35:14.
- During a corner sequence in the 51st minute, Loughlin padded the lead, spinning and driving home first-year Samantha McGrath's (Kennebunk, Maine/Kennebunk) reverse pass through the circle.
- Watt stopped senior Christine Jarowicz's shot during a corner set soon thereafter, but Hazley put home the rebound at 52:44.
- The Ravens came no closer, as Watt swatted down junior Anna Beck's shot toward the left post with 1:27 to go.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday at No. 9 Assumption University, 6 p.m.
- The Greyhounds' national ranking is according to the National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA). Assumption qualified for the 2021 NCAA Division II Final Four.